Roadside Assistance FAQ
At Access Roadside Assistance, we’ve compiled a list of questions that you may find useful when searching for answers. If your answer isn’t found here then please contact us by phone or email and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you.
- Will my call be transferred to an area rep? Or, will my first call handle my needs?
- When will my membership be activated?
- Will a representative help me understand and choose the best option for my vehicle?
- How do I file a claim for additional expenses?
- Will I receive a package explaining in detail what is protected?
- Do you offer ongoing customer service?
- How do I renew my coverage?
- How far can I travel and still be covered?
1. Will my call be transferred to an area rep? Or, will my first call handle my needs?
The member will call our dispatch center where a representative will take down your info i.e. member #, name, vehicle info, problem, etc. Once their membership is verified and we know what city you reside, we will then connect directly to our tow vendor to verify an estimated time of arrival. top
2. When will my membership be activated?
Your membership becomes active immediately for basic services only upon Access recieving the funds in our acccount.There is a 72-hour approval period from the time the application is submitted either by telephone or online Monday through Thursday for towing service. When applying either Friday, Saturday or Sunday your application will be approved on the following Monday (excluding holidays).
If towing is required within the first twenty one (21) days of purchase. Or a membership has been renewed after original expiry. Access will cover the Hookup/Load and or Deck/ Dollies charges only (all membership types included). The member is responsible for mileage to and from point of breakdown. NOTE: The 21 days starts after the 72 hour approval period has expired. top
3. Will a representative help me understand and choose the best option for my vehicle?
Yes, our call centre will be happy to assist any of your concerns and help you choose what is best for your needs. top
4. How do I file a claim for additional expenses?
Depending on what type of expense you are looking to recover the member will need to contact our office and we will need original copies of invoices sent to us. top
5. Will I receive a package explaining in detail what is protected?
All of our information is available online, if you wish you received a booklet, please give us a call and we can arrange this for you. top
6. Do you offer ongoing customer service?
Our customer service representatives are here for you 24 hours a day! top
7. How do I renew my coverage?
Access can do an automatic renewal that includes a letter being sent out a month in advance to the members plan expiring. Alternatively you will be able to renew your coverage in our simple online form. top
8. How far can I travel and still be covered?
Membership will cover you anywhere in Canada AND throughout the USA. top